Please see below a general list of frequently requested services and which Council is responsible:
Hoo Parish Council
- Belltower Clock - located on St Werburgh Church's belltower, off Church Street in Hoo.
- Civic Horse Trough - located on the Green in the centre of Hoo.
- Civic Sign - located on the Green in the centre of Hoo.
- Hoo Allotments - located off Everest Drive in Hoo.
- Hoo Common (including the carpark) - located off Elm Avenue in Chattenden.
- Kingshill Recreation Ground (including the playpark) - located off Fourwents Road in Hoo.
- Kingsnorth Airship Station Memorial - located off Eshcol Road, Kingsnorth, in Hoo.
- Pottery Road Recreation Ground (including the playparks) - located off Pottery Road in Hoo.
- Vicarage Lane Burial Ground - located off Vicarage Lane in Hoo.
- War Memorial - located within the St Werburgh churchyard, off Church Street in Hoo.
1. Hoo Village Hall (including the Jubilee Hall), which sits on Pottery Road Recreation Ground, is owned and managed by a charitable trust and is separate from Hoo Parish Council. The hall sits on a piece of land that the charitable trust leases (at a peppercorn) from Hoo Parish Council.
2. The Green in Hoo itself is managed by Medway Council, with help from a group of local residents and volunteers. However, there are items on the Green that belong to and are maintained by Hoo Parish Council such as the Civic Sign and the Civic Horse Trough.
Contact Hoo Parish Council by phoning: 01634 868855. Write to: C/O Mrs Sherrie Babington, Parish Clerk, 4 Birkhall Close, Walderslade, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7QD. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abandoned vehicles (not on Parish Council land)
- Commercial waste collection
- Composting (kerbside collection)
- Council tax
- Dogs including strays and fouling (not on Parish Council land)
- Electoral registration
- Environmental health (not on Parish Council land)
- Flytipping (not on Parish Council land)
- Fridge/freezer disposal
- Graffiti (not on Parish Council land)
- Leisure centre
- Litter/cleaning (not on Parish Council land)
- Litter/dog bins (not on Parish Council land)
- Local tourism info
- Noise pollution (not on Parish Council land)
- Pest control
- Planning permission
- Recycling facilities
- Social Care
Contact Medway Council by phoning: 01634 306000 (emergencies phone: 01634 304400). Write to: Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4TR. Visit: www.medway.gov.uk
Report a problem on Hoo Parish Council or Medway Council land by visiting the Report A Problem page.
Hoo Parish Council
Parish Clerk: Mrs Sherrie Babington
Address: 4 Birkhall Close, Walderslade, Chatham, Kent, ME5 7QD
Telephone: 01634 868855
*Please contact Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and allow 5 working days to respond.
- Hoo, Rochester, Kent